Troubleshooting Your Wireless Internet
Please complete all steps before calling in.
If you can’t get on the Internet:
- if you have a router or switch, unplug power cable to router, wait 5 seconds, plug back in. If you can’t get on the Internet after this, bypass the router altogether by plugging the cable coming from the hub side of the PoE directly into the computer instead of the router. Unplug the power cable to the router. Try to get on the internet. If you still can’t get back on the Internet, go to step 2.
- Find PoE (white box with one green light on it, 2 cat 5 cables, and 1 black power cable plugged into it). Unplug black power cable, wait 10 seconds, plug back in. Wait 10 seconds before trying to get back on Internet. If this doesn’t work, repeat step 1 again.
**WARNING: Do not switch around the cables on the poe. The cable coming from the side with the orange warning sticker goes to the antenna and the side that is marked switch hub goes to the computer or router.
**Other issues to look for:
- Loose or unplugged cable
- Unplugged PoE or router
- Computer’s Ethernet port turned off
- Computer firewall blocking Internet connection
For slowdowns, keep in mind:
- Computer issues: Programs running in background, viruses/spyware, low memory, bad/turned off Ethernet port, bad/turned off wireless card
- Router issues: bypassing or resetting router will most times fix this problem.
- Not having appropriate package for use: Please keep in mind that any heavy downloading, video streaming, gaming takes higher bandwidth packages. Customer should pick appropriate package of usage needed. Also, if the customer has a network in place with several computers, the bandwidth is shared between computers.
After following these steps, if you can’t get back on the Internet, please call our office. If after hours, please leave a message.